Monday, August 15, 2005

Beefy Style Raisins

One day, Fluffy got angry.
Of all days to become angry and storm off... why now, why today. Much confusion arose at the reception hall. The lights were set, the podium in place, but... no fluffy. Hushed voices murmured rumors about pirates and strawberry jam, but no one new for sure. Soon the voices raised into a cacophony of almost birdlike sounds. It was anarchy. But, we'll come back to that later.
"So much for you and your rules!" Fluffy screamed at the village gates, "I'll not listen to 'Tiny Dancer' lest I damn well please." And with that, Fluffy started for the forest.
Now the forest, as I'm sure you've heard, is a strange and murky place. The kind of place old women speak about in front of a fire before they vomit. The sort of place that parents tell children to frighten them before bed. The sort of place uncles tell children about to keep them from crying during 'special explore time.' The mist crawled along the damp ground making almost impossible to see. That, plus the roots breaking through the trail and the occasional mushroom made it a dangerous route. Fluffy's determination and rage only lasted so long when blasted by the crushing solitude of The Happy Forest.
"I'm n-n-not so sc-c-cared," said fluffy aloud, "j-just stick to the trail and I'll be fine."
"Caw... caw..." screeched the large birds above, "Caw... caw... lick your ass for a dollar."
Yes, this was indeed a bad part of the forest. The sooner out of here the better.
"Psst, hey... down here" Fluffy heard a voice say. "I know a shortcut."
Fluffy turned "Who said that?"
"Down here."
And it was then that Fluffy saw the little mushroom. "I know a shortcut through the wood."
"Tell me please," Fluffy begged, "I'm ever so frightened."
"You have to eat me" said the mushroom.
"I've heard that before," replied Fluffy, "From a Snarf by the docks. It took 3 weeks to get the lumps off of my tongue and Spam has never tasted the same since."
"It's the only way," the mushroom said.
"Well, if I must" and with that Fluffy swallowed the mushroom in one gulp.

That's when it started getting weird.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Charlie Brown hurled...

Greg,

I'd suggest you forward the damn spam blogs to Google. Cite the Terms of Service paragraph regarding personal use only:

You may not use the Google Services to sell a product or service, or to increase traffic to your Web site for commercial reasons, such as advertising sales.

Probably won't stop them for good. But it might make you feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home