Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Sun: Life-giving Star or Rat Bastard

So I have come to believe that as much as I love living in Las Vegas, it could be the 3rd ring of Hell. I say this because no human being should really live in 115+ degree heat. It just isn't right.

So, on Saturday I'm building this stone path from our back yard to the front. Yes, I'm stupid and working outside between 9am and 2 pm; but I'm in the shade (thank you house) and drinking plenty of water... I should be fine, right. NO F'ING WAY!

I spent a wonderful evening on Saturday filled with high fever, freezing and uncontrollable shivers, delirium and massive pain. Wow, it was so incredible. Then that lead to a cold/flu on Sunday and Monday and today I'm going to the doctor as I have razor blades in my throat every time I swallow (no sick jokes) and my glands are swollen so much it hardly looks like I have a freakin neck. My guess is strep, but I'm no doctor.

So, this is what happens when you live on the edge of Hell and you are dumb enough to go outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home