Monday, September 12, 2005

Takin' a Dump (metaphorically speaking)

So, I have been avoiding writing (or blogging, if you will) because I was waiting until I had something funny, clever, witty or interesting to say. Then it hit me, I'm none of those things so I'll just write about what's been happening and bullshit of that flavor.

Let's see... I've been working quite a bit. My day job has been a bit demanding lately (although, obviously not at the moment - hence the blogging) and that is preferable to down time as I get bored and the 9 hour day takes about 15 hours.

The show has been fun. We did 2 shows back to back on Sunday (whew... no, not exhausting at all) as they were benefit performances for Hurricane Katrina victims. Adding to the physical draining effects was an emotional element as the 1st show's audience was comprised mostly of New Orleans evacuees who are living at the Cashman Field convention center here in Las Vegas. Yeah, that was rough. Especially seeing a little 4 year old girl who refused to ever let go of her little suitcase. Kinda makes things real in a way that CNN can never do. Of course, even this came with it's share of bullshit as we had to endure the addition of 2 "special guests," the Lt. Governor of Nevada, Lorraine Hunt and a douchebag lounge singer friend of her's who thought he was as big as Sinatra but in reality was a drunken prick, Dennis Bono. Man, I applaud their initiative in setting this up to help others... but it was really to boost her running for Gov and to give him a sense of self-importance which they both rubbed generously in all of our faces. Not to mention that neither of them spoke to a single evacuee the entire night.

Other than that, not a whole hell of a lot has been going on in this stretch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home