Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Saturday Morning

Remember when we were growing up (And by we I mean anyone born in the 70's) and we had Saturday morning cartoons. Those were the best. It started about 8:30, there were cartoon from 6-8 but they usually sucked (Smurfs, Snorks) and lasted until noon. At noon there was the ABC special which was an hour show that was usually an adaptation of a pre-teen book. My fav was one called the Haunted Mansion Mystery... awesome.
So, not only were there tons more cartoons then (there's only about 1 hour now) but the cartoon were much better. Has anyone tried watching Pokemon or Yugio (sp)? That is some confusing ass ADD infested shit. What happened to The Bugs Bunny Roadrunner Show? The same cartoons aired for 30-40 years and NOW they're no good?
The best for me though was Dungeons & Dragons. That was awesome. The kids that got on the ride and then were mystically teleported to the D&D world and had to fight the bad guy to find a way back home. Brilliant.
The one no one remembers, and you've all probably heard me mention, was Dr. Shrinker from the Sid & Marty Kroft Super Show. It was one of 3 possible shows, so you only got to see it once a month roughly. It was awesome.
It's funny, as society keeps pushing kids to stay inside and watch TV or play video games, you'd think they would have more programming on Saturday morning. Believe me, I am against kids indoors in front of the boob tube... get outside and use your damn imagination... I just find it odd.

I do feel a bit hypocritical here, though. As much as I am against kids and video games, I must admit... I love my PC games. My current fav, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. It is available for PC, X-Box and PS2. If you haven't played it, I highly recommend you go get it. I am awaiting part 2 which should arrive in the mail any day... nice.

3 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger GFreak hurled...

Yeah, GTA: San Andreas is coming to XBox and PC at the same time... I can't wait for the XBox version.

Me and the wife are about 2/3 of the way through Halo2 on Heroic (Easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary) but we play about once a month now...

We go through streaks of playing Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, too.... we've beat it several times now. About once a month, we start playing again and play every night for a few days.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Greg hurled...

Greg--- call me sometime and we can play Diablo on private net connection. It is a direct IP connect between our computers so we don't have to deal with the other swinging dicks on Battle Net.
I don't play Diablo often, but when I do, I LOVE it.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger GFreak hurled...

We bought the Diablo "trilogy" (I, II, and II-LOD) in honor of you and Dan who, we knew, had been playing it for a while. Then I bought a second computer for her so that we could play together.

I think I'm a techno-geek, or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home